知音人音乐网

标题: Sophie Zelmani - Soul 2011 [FLAC-16-44.1] [打印本页]

作者: 大姐夫    时间: 2022-4-26 13:58
标题: Sophie Zelmani - Soul 2011 [FLAC-16-44.1]
(, 下载次数: 16)

Sophie's tender songs have always had plenty of soul. The unambiguous title of the new album promises a hitherto unheard excursion into the soul genre? It could undoubtedly have been attractive, but the Swede has no plans for daring experiments at the end of 2011.

"Free Now" arouses curiosity right from the start. A bass line jumps tensely in the background. Occasional e-guitar licks conjure up atmosphere until a restrained background beat joins in. The arrangement isn't lavish, but the sparse and seemingly spartan staging makes it a class track. Sophie's softly executed vocal passages nestle snugly around occasional blues and jazz moments.

"I Wouldn't Speak For Him" ​​continues this seemingly minimalistic concept seamlessly. In this song, too, the arrangement is airy, light and pastel-like, too loud tones would only destroy the fragile mood. The elegant string parts add themselves to this in a reserved manner.

While colleagues were often drawn to the USA this year (Rebekka Bakken, Marit Larsen), Sophie remains true to her homeland. So in "Soul" there are only a few American songwriting influences. The Scandinavian character, which is so valued and at the same time difficult to define, always has the upper hand.

Sometimes she runs the risk of losing herself in pure moods and musically converted emotional impressions. As in "All About You" or "If You're Still A Dreamer", which is pleasant for the ear but also quite low-tension. On the other hand, on "For You" Sophie has the support of a duet partner in the form of Daniel Lemma. The overall impression remains a campfire romance translated into music.

Guitar and emphasized handmade, earthy sounds dominate the songs, e.g. B. sometimes an organ that suddenly appears ("My Daughter"). "I Love You" offers a welcome change, which, after a typical, restrained opening half, escalates into dramatic climaxes in the last third.

By Sophie Zelmani's high standards, the album remains for the most part always polished and top-notch. However, there are sometimes tracks that can be calculated. Now and then a little more pressure and drive in the overall song package would undoubtedly come in handy. So there are few surprises on "Soul", but Zelmani fans who don't speculate on it anyway will undoubtedly be well served.

1. Free Now

2. I Wouldn't Speak For Him

3. All About You

4. For You (feat. Daniel Lemma)

5. My Daughter

6. I Love You

7. If You're Still a Dreamer

8. Story of Us

9. Churchbell

10. My Soul Remembers

网盘链接:[sell=8,2][/sell]
作者: 破衬衫    时间: 2022-4-26 14:03