知音人音乐网

标题: Bruce Springsteen - Born In The U.S.A. 1984 [FLAC-24-96] [打印本页]

作者: 大姐夫    时间: 2022-6-24 12:21
标题: Bruce Springsteen - Born In The U.S.A. 1984 [FLAC-24-96]
(, 下载次数: 0)

In 1982, The Boss amazed everyone with Nebraska. Leaving his powerful rock’n’roll band (the E Street Band) to one side, Springsteen went in the opposite direction; much to everyone's surprise, he released a masterpiece of all-acoustic purity, crafted from a guitar and a harmonica... How would he follow this album up two years later? By bringing out the heavy artillery! Leaving his acoustic guitar and cheap magneto in the basement, The Boss and his E Street Band returned with a bang: lumberjack drums, howling saxophones, bulging guitars and stadium anthems galore. Springsteen found his calling as a spokesman for the marginalised. Tackling themes such as unemployment, poverty, the aftermath of Vietnam and general doom and gloom, the electric poet from New Jersey made new sparks fly with his no-frills rock'n'roll, his relentless melodies and his choruses that packed a punch. There’s nothing chauvinistic on Born In The USA (what a title… and what an album cover!), just a deep instinct to be the voice for the marginalised masses, the neglected proletarians, all the people who make up the starred banner; even when it is rather wrinkled...

1. Born in the U.S.A.

2. Cover Me

3. Darlington County

4. Working on the Highway

5. Downbound Train

6. I'm On Fire

7. No Surrender

8. Bobby Jean

9. I'm Goin' Down

10. Glory Days

11. Dancing In the Dark

12. My Hometown